Ideal Picture Framing opened its doors at 402 Snelling Avenue So., Saint Paul in 1967. In 1996, Wayne Ebert (only the third owner) purchased and has been operating a thriving business. Having begun his career in framing in 1978, Wayne has an eye for creativity. He will guide you through the frame design process, helping you choose the materials that best enhance your artwork. The goal being to work with you to create a finished product that suits your needs and budget, along with being stylistically versatile for yours to come. Our superior customer service has made us one of the twin cities leading frame studios. Wayne has years of hands-on framing and design experience. To ensure that your project can be displayed and enjoyed for a lifetime he follows proper preservation practices and uses only the best materials to protect your framed project, like acid-free matting and UV-protected glass. He can create the perfect framing design that’s just right for your artwork with the thousands of frame corner samples and mat choices.
Ideal Picture Framing strives to give you the best pricing around and you can be confident that you and your art will bet the best treatment.
- The material used and craftsmanship are guaranteed.
- We offer competitive prices, but don’t play pricing games.
- Quick turnaround – usually two weeks or less (we try to accommodate rush orders too).
- All framing is done on site – your art is safe and never leaves our store.
- We are local and committed to our community.
- We are interested in long-term relationships with our customers, and we want you to be thrilled with your framing. We use only the best framing materials and techniques, and our workmanship is guaranteed. If you are not satisfied with your framing design, we’ll work together to make it right.
- Chain stores artificially inflate their regular prices and have “sales” all the time. We don’t play pricing games. Our regular prices are comparable to their sale prices, but we are honest and consistent with our pricing and give you good value everyday. Check out this link to the New York Attorney General’s website to get a glimpse of deceptive chain store practices.
- We love to help you find the perfect framing design for your art or object. There is never any obligation when you get a design consultation and price quote. And we can work with your budget. Please bring in your art so we can help you with our design expertise. It will be fun to design together, and we can make your art look its best – and give you an accurate and good-value price.
Ideal Picture Framing is a full-service frame shop capable of framing just about anything. If you can imagine it, we can frame it. We also offer a long list of special services to help you solve all your art and framing problems. We offer:
- Expert frame design assistance
- Conservation & preservation framing
- Canvas stretching
- Frame repair
- Onsite art & framing consultations
- Shadowbox framing for three-dimensional art and objects
- Paper conservation
- Oil painting cleaning and restoration
- Delivery & installation (picture hanging)
- Security hangers
- Engraved plates
- Commercial framing – helping you select art and/or frame it for your workplace
- We make and frame mirrors, blackboards, and bulletin boards
- Art checkups – free framing evaluations of your framed art
- Over 2000 frames to choose from
- Over 600 mats available
- Special design ideas and techniques to enhance your art
- Experienced designer/framer who know how to make your art look great.
- We use conservation and preservation framing techniques and materials to ensure that your art will be protected for the long term. We use acid-free mats and backing materials, as well as ultraviolet filtering glass products to protect your art from harmful acids and light.
- We stretch your canvas conventionally or doing a gallery wrap of all kinds of canvases – oil paintings, acrylic paintings, giclees. Selecting the appropriate frame for your stretched canvas is an area that we will help you with. We can re-stretch canvases with damaged or warped stretcher bars or canvases stretched on stretchers too deep for the frame you want to use, as well.
OWNER: WAYNE EBERT
Wayne has seen his share of historic, delicate and unusual framing assignments over the years. He was honored to frame pieces from the house that President Abraham Lincoln grew up in from a private collection and to be asked to frame two pieces for the Minnesota State Senate Offices as part of their State Capital Remodeling Project. He’s also taken on a great variety of projects from strange-shaped frames to old saw mill blades with murals painted on them to airplane tires and even a dashboard from a 1957 Chevy. The possibilities of a custom picture frame shop are so much more beyond what you can find in a ready-made store situation. If there is any value or perceived value to protecting your piece, you want to go to a professional framer. There are many considerations, including working with acid free materials or protecting pieces from light and moisture. Different mediums require different framing techniques, such as canvas, watercolors, pastels, cross-stitch, crewel, etc.